Cattle Foot Trimming Crush/Chute/Crate
Here at The Hoofman we now use the Wopa 51 cattle foot trimming crush, after a long line of Wopa crushes the Wopa 51 model was finally produced. In our opinion this is the best machine for purpose. The Hoofman currently runs seven of this particular model and believe this choice is of upmost importance.
The choice of foot trimming crush is important for so many reasons.
Choosing a Cattle Foot Trimming Crush/Chute:
- Cattle Welfare - This has always been a priority concern of The Hoofman’s operators. The use of hydraulic levers for lifting feet can be very smooth, [unlike a button control which is on full power lifting] We find it better for cattle as there are no sharp jerks which upset an animal. Stress to the animal can also be reduced by considering the animals comfort and a stress free entry and exit of the crush.
- Mobility - The cattle foot trimming crush needs to be fairly light to allow easy manouvers by hand on site. Being lightweight, also means the machine is easy to tow behind your vehicle.
- Ease of Use - A good example on the Wopa 51, where it has an adjustable foot on each corner, it is a simple exercise to level up the cattle foot trimming crush however uneven the ground, and allow the operator to set the machine to the right height for his and the cows ease of requirement.
- Space - The foot trimming crush needs to be able to perform at the end of a cattle race or in an 8” wide cubicle alley. Being able to perform in as little working spaces as possible, uliminates future issues.
- Security - It is very important that the legs are very secure, thus allowing the use of sharp electric grinders to be used correctly, with both hands on the grinder, it also allows the operator to use knives with confidence.
Above are just a couple of examples, however all foot trimmers will feel comfortable with their cattle foot trimming crushes for different reasons.
We at the Hoofman are always looking for second hand Wopa crushes as we have a number of customers requesting a quality cattle foot trimming crush.
If you have one that might be of interest, please contact Charlie Harding on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07824 844621